Through a bizarre set of circumstances, I ended up flying to Nashville to attend a Garth Brooks charity concert.
And wow. Just…wow.
He was AMAZING. A. MA. ZING. He did a 2-hour show which included (I think) three or four encores.
It was an awesome experience. Especially since I haven’t gone to many concerts in my time… But to hear ~16,000 people singing every word to every song just blew me away. And his energy? Holy crap. I was exhausted just standing, singing, screaming, and applauding for two hours…he had to be dead. But he just kept going and going and going. As I said in my Facebook post, he was “balls to the wall for two straight hours.”
It was just pure awesome, and I am very thankful to how everything worked out in a matter of hours…and how things all came together in the end!
- Seeing Garth on Oprah and thinking how I’d love to see his acoustic concert in Vegas.
- Me tweeting that if anyone wanted to know what to get me for Christmas, it was “Garth Brooks Vegas.”
- A friend of mine from Alabama, Jen, posted a reply that she had an extra ticket for one of his Nashville shows if I wanted to fly down.
- My dad and stepmom were planning on being here anyway on that date, so they would be able to babysit (Tom had to work).
- Tom agreed I could spend the money—Merry Christmas to me!
- A week later I tweeted that I arrived in Nashville—and my friend who lives in Nashville (Laurie, who I graduated high school with) called me to say “I didn’t know you were coming to see Garth HERE! We have to get together!”
- My friend with the extra ticket had another extra ticket for MY friend…so we all went together!
Everything was apparently meant to be. And I am a very, VERY happy woman!